Saturday 9 March 2019

Review: Season of Toridia

Season of Toridia Season of Toridia by Jennifer Arntson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Scavenger Girl series sucks me in deeper with each additional book, and with Season of Toridia the fear is starting to kick in. I know we’re closing in on the end of the series, and I’m not yet ready to say goodbye – and knowing there are spin-off books to come only increases certain emotions. Ashlund and the inhabitants have taken root in my heart, and I’m invested in the series in ways I cannot begin to explain.

With Season of Toridia, Jennifer Arntson provides us with a lot. We’ve been given a lot in each of the prior books, every book packs a lot into it, but they pale in comparison to Season of Toridia. Numerous things happened in this one, so many things you’ll be surprised to find it all played out in a single book. It could easily have been a series within itself with how much happened in this one, yet it was perfectly done in a single book. It was not rushed in any way, each word had power, and I could not put it down.

As we’re closing in on the end of the Scavenger Girl series, Season of Toridia starts to tie some aspects together. However, it also introduces us to plenty of knew things. There are so many things that will need to come together in the final book, and I have no doubt it will be an insanely powerful final book. With the things we found out in this one, with the details we got to see, it is clear this series is going to end in the most explosive of ways.

By the end of Season of Toridia you will love the characters in new ways, you will appreciate the world in new ways, and you’ll have new theories about how everything will come together. With things being so intricately connected in this one, it is difficult to explain the things I loved without giving spoilers. Therefore, I’m going to use the easiest get-go clause possible: don’t read my review, just go experience the beauty that is Season of Toridia.

Without a doubt, I am desperate for the final Scavenger Girl book. I need to know how Una’s story ends and will devour it the moment I get my hands on it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment