Friday 22 March 2019

Review: The Boyfriend Experience

The Boyfriend Experience The Boyfriend Experience by Carly Phillips
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

After reading and enjoying Erika Wilde’s Tall, Dark, and Tempting, I was left curious about The Boyfriend Experience. We were introduced to the male lead, and I was left wanting more. Moreover, I have previously enjoyed work that came from Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde working together, so I had high hopes.

In truth, The Boyfriend Experience is more of a three-point-five-star rating. It was fun, it had me turning the pages, it put a smile on my face, and I happily devoured it. However, I feel as though it did not quite have the depth I was looking for. Sure, there were plenty of things involved in this story – we got to deal with a lot of things – but most were dealt with at the surface level and did not have the depth I had been hoping for.

I think my problem is I’m accustomed to more depth and expected more from these authors working together. It was fun, but too insta for my liking, hence why I could not round my rating up. I’m sure there are many who will really enjoy this one, but it wasn’t quite all I had hoped for.

Nevertheless, I am curious about what more could come from The Boyfriend Experience as a series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment