Saturday 2 March 2019

Review: The Edge of the World

The Edge of the World The Edge of the World by Kevin J. Anderson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I went into The Edge of the World expecting a high fantasy filled with fun on the high seas. I wanted interesting worlds, sea adventures, and lots of fun. Instead, I was given a book I found extremely difficult to finish.

There were points where I considered giving this a two-star rating, but in the end I couldn’t. It was a book of politics and religion, and whilst these things can be interesting in fantasy, I found they overshadowed the aspects of the story that could have been fun.

With a book of this length, a book that spans years in time, I expected a lot to happen. There were a couple of characters whose stories were mildly interesting, but we only touched the surface. We never went as deep as we could have, and I was constantly left wanting more.

All in all, The Edge of the World wasn’t what I expected. I’ll probably give Kevin J. Anderson another read in the future, but I doubt it’ll be with the second book in the Terra Incognita series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment