Saturday 2 March 2019

Review: Let Me Love You

Let Me Love You Let Me Love You by M.K. Moore
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Let Me Love You is the second book in the 425 Madison series, and I was eager to dive in after enjoying Must Love Coffee. Although each book in this series is a standalone, we did get a wee insight into this story with Must Love Coffee, hence my eagerness to dive in.

As much as I wanted to love Let Me Love You, I found the book wasn’t for me. It certainly had potential, and will appeal to certain people, but it was too much insta everything for me to enjoy it. I’m a big fan of development, of watching things grow, yet this one had everything happening in no time at all. They meet, they lose their virginities, they get engaged, they get married, they have kids, and so on, all in the span of days (obviously the kids bit spreads out over time, but the pregnancy is near-instant).

I could have handled this, had we been able to watch things. Instead, the book kept introducing new couples. Every person that was introduced fell in love, and it became too much. They were all wrapped up, put in pretty little bows, and I felt as though things were a wee bit rushed and over the top.

As I said, I’m sure some will enjoy this. Alas, it was not for me. Nonetheless, I continue to be intrigued by the series and will be diving into book three as soon as I get my hands on it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment