Saturday 2 March 2019

Review: Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus Betrayal

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus Betrayal Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus Betrayal by Lydia Sherrer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Lily Singer Adventures continue with book five, Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Betrayal, and it’s another great addition to the series. In fact, this one has left me desperate for book six.

It’s been a while since I read the first four books in this series, meaning when I jumped into this fifth it took my brain a while to catch up with what was going on. The moment everything clicked into place, I was gone. I was hooked, unable to put the book down, and things sucked me in so deep.

With book five, things continue to develop in wonderful ways. I admit, this one focuses more on the love and lies aspects than the hocus pocus, but it is vital to the storyline. Things come together well, and by the end we see how the two elements are vital to the hocus pocus of the series.

In truth, this one surprised me. Big things happened in book four, and I expected us to pick up the thread and follow it. We do, but not in the ways I had expected. New elements were introduced, and things developed in the most unexpected of ways. I adored it, was hooked, and I cannot wait to see how these new elements interact with the things introduced to us in the prior books.

As fun as the whole book was, it was the ending that really got me. It ends on a big note, on something that is going to have repercussions throughout the rest of the series, and I’m so desperate to get the next book. I need to know what happens, and I need to know now.

Without a doubt, I’ll be diving into book six the moment I get my hands on it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment