Saturday 2 March 2019

Review: Whispers of Hope

Whispers of Hope Whispers of Hope by Angel Nyx
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve enjoyed Angel Nyx’s NOLA Shifters series and was excited to dive into something different with Whispers of Hope. Whereas the NOLA Shifters series gives us paranormal romance, Whispers of Hope gives us a contemporary romance.

Although Whispers of Hope was an enjoyable quick read, one that dealt with a heavy topic well, I found I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed my other Angel Nyx reads. I think this reflects my reading preferences, however, not the story itself. You see, I have a love-hate relationship with short stories. I have very high standards with them, and it’s rare for me to fall completely in love with them.

With Whispers of Hope, we had my usual view towards a short story. It was interesting, but I would have been happier with more. We only touched the surface with things, and I would have loved to have dug ever deeper into the characters and their stories.

Overall, Whispers of Hope was good for a quick read, but it was not my favourite Angel Nyx read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment