Saturday 16 March 2019

Review: Hearts Abroad

Hearts Abroad Hearts Abroad by Skye McNeil
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Hearts Abroad is the first book in Skye McNeil’s Atlas series, and it’s a book that has left me curious about the rest of the series.

I will be completely honest and say I was a wee bit uncertain about this book at first. I enjoy a good single dad story, love a good nanny story, but as there are so many out there my standard is quite high. To begin with, this one did not suck me in the way I had hoped. The overall story was interesting, the individual character storylines left me curious, yet I was not sucked into the romance. There was more back-and-forth than I usually like in these stories, and it took a while before I was completely sucked in.

The above is the reason why I gave this one a three-star rating. Later in the book, it became a four-star read, yet I couldn’t quite bring myself to round up. It’s a three-point-five-star read rounded down, yet it is a book that has left me curious about the rest of the series.

You see, even though it took me a while to get into this one, once I was sucked in I had a lot of fun. I enjoyed the characters, I enjoyed the way the story played out, and was more than happy to power through the book. There were plenty of moments where I wore a silly little smile on my face, and the emotions more than came through with this one.

Without a doubt, I’m curious about book two.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment