Friday 1 March 2019

Review: Committed

Committed Committed by Suzanne Falter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Committed is the second book in Suzanne Falter’s Oaktown Girls series, and I was eager to dive in after enjoying Driven. I was excited for the community to spread, to find out more about the other characters, and I was not disappointed.

If I’m being completely honest, I did not enjoy Committed quite as much as I enjoyed Driven. It was an easy four-star read, but I enjoyed the first book a wee bit more. Driven was a bit more of a romance, whereas Committed was a bit more general in storyline. We still have the romance, but this focuses more on the lives of all the characters involved.

The one thing I will say is that it’s best if you read Driven first. We build upon plenty of things that were introduced in the first book, and for the full impact you need to know exactly how things played out. You can still enjoy the details, but they will be more potent if you’ve read Driven first. For those who have read Driven, know things really progress in this one.

Our romance from the first book continues, taking unexpected paths. Developed romances from the first book face hurdles, throwing us deeper into the storylines of characters we were curious about. New characters and relationships are introduced, and these will suck us in. There are plenty of layers to this story, with each sucking you in deep.

A lot is dealt with in Committed, and when the book ends you’ll be desperate for more of the characters. I’m more than ready to see what comes next.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment