Saturday 30 March 2019

Review: Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Fahrenheit by Leigh Lennon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

My first few Leigh Lennon books had me hooked, sucking me in deep, leaving me desperate for more of the author’s work. Since my first Leigh Lennon book, the author has written across different genres, and I find I enjoy some of her work more than others. In fact, I have clear favourites, to the point where there are a few of her books when I cannot claim to be crazy about.

With The Power of Three Love series, I was unsure about the first book. I’m no stranger to erotic novels, I read too many of them if I’m honest, yet I find I can never connect with Leigh Lennon’s scenes. It’s not to the degree of certain authors where I feel uncomfortable, but the feelings evoked are not what they should be. Foundations, book one in The Power of Three Love series, made it clear this would be another series where the erotic nature of the story would be higher than the emotional impact I enjoy in other Leigh Lennon novels. However, it won me over enough to receive a four-star rating and I was curious about Fahrenheit.

With Fahrenheit, I found myself battling between a two-star rating and a three-star rating throughout the book. A part of this is due to the heavy focus on the erotic, and the fact it evoked the wrong emotions from me, but mostly it was the fact I felt we came into this story when it was already partway through. Yes, we got to see bits and pieces in Foundations, but it still felt like we were missing too much information with this one. There were too many blanks, and even the constant flashing back to prior conversations failed to fill in enough for me.

What made me decide to be generous and round up, instead of the rounding down I came very close to doing, was the interaction between Levi and Jordan. I enjoyed the way they were complete opposites and worked so well together. They were easily my favourite thing about the book.

Overall, Fahrenheit had good points but it did not wow me in the way other Leigh Lennon reads have.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment