Thursday 22 February 2018

Review: Marrying Mr Valentine

Marrying Mr Valentine Marrying Mr Valentine by Laura Barnard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Marrying Mr Valentine is the second book in Laura Barnard’s One Month Til I Do series, and I enjoyed this one even more than the first. Book one was enjoyable, but this one seemed to have an extra spark.

Following one of the characters introduced to us in Adventurous Proposal, Marrying Mr Valentine gives us more of the characters we got to know and love in the first book. Although this one has just as many laugh out loud moments, it also has a more serious undertone to it. There’s a heavy emotional aspect, one with the potential to break many hearts. It’s hard to mix a heavy topic in with humour, yet Laura Barnard does it wonderfully – it was emotional, yet I was still able to let out plenty of chuckles.

I’ll be completely honest, I was a bit nervous when I read the synopsis. I was interested in finding out more about the characters, but I feared this would be a story filled with cheating. Such is not to my taste, so I was more than happy with the way in which the story unfolded. I’m not going to give any details away, but know those with my original worries can dive into this one with the knowledge that things play out really well.

Honestly, I adored this one. There was so much emotion throughout, and I couldn’t help but finish it in the space of a couple of hours – I was turning page after page, needing to know how everything came together. Without a doubt, this was another wonderful Laura Barnard read.

I’m also hoping we get stories for some of the other characters – there’s one story in particular I’m hoping we get to see play out in the future – as I’m loving this group of friends.

Well worth the read, especially if you enjoyed the first book and are desperate for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment