Monday 12 February 2018

Review: The Unsound Theory

The Unsound Theory The Unsound Theory by Emilia Zeeland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honestly, The Unsound Theory surprised me. The premise of this one intrigued me, but I was unsure as to whether I would enjoy the book. I’m not quite sure what left me with the uncertainty, but there was a lingering doubt in my mind. Thus, I delayed in reading this one. Once I was reading, however, it quickly turned into a case of annoyance – at myself.

The first few chapters are comprised of a lot of world building, slowly introducing us to the world. It is somewhat heavy, but soon the story starts to suck you in completely. Multiple elements are introduced, with the story offering up more than you’d initially expected. You have drama between the characters, history to dive into, tension within the solar system, and plenty of other underlying elements that keep you sucked into the story.

The primary focus of the story is upon a secret relating to events of the past, but I will not say much more than that as I do not wish to give away any of the details. Just know, something seemingly simplistic quickly grows out of control and becomes so much more. It brings together so many of the smaller elements, things I had been unsure of the significance of, creating a story that brings together so many elements.

Not to mention, the characters are great. I adored the story, but the characters are what truly bring the story to life. I had so much fun with everyone – the good, the bad, and those in-between. There is so much I cannot wait to see more of, so many details about the characters have come to light and I’m excited to find out more.

Without a doubt, I’m excited for the second STAR Academy book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment