Monday 19 February 2018

Review: Perfect Revenge

Perfect Revenge Perfect Revenge by Natalie E. Wrye
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Perfect Revenge is the second book in Natalie E. Wrye’s Revenge series, and it was a much more enjoyable read than the first book in the series. Made up of the three parts of Games & Diversions – Step by Step, Hour by Hour, and Minute by Minute – a lot more happened in this one to keep me interested.

While Riske and Revenge was a rounded up two-point-five-star rating, Perfect Revenge is a rounded up three-point-five-star rating. The amount of improvement, however, was enough to leave me considering going back and rounding down my rating of the first book. I didn’t, though, despite the thoughts that passed through my head.

Although Perfect Revenge could work as a standalone novel, I think it works best if you read the prior book first. You get to know the characters in advance, you get to understand certain elements, and it allows for a better understanding of the finer details. In other words, reading the prior book makes this a more powerful read.

Like with the first book, however, I wasn’t crazy about the characters in this story. I enjoyed them marginally more than I enjoyed the characters of book one, but I wasn’t crazy about them. What I did enjoy a lot more, though, was the revenge story.

There were some messy elements with the revenge story, but it was a lot more fleshed out than the story in book one. I was able to overlook some of the messy elements, as I was kept gripped throughout this one. There was more of a game to this one, it kept you guessing a lot more. It sucked me in more than I was expecting, and due to that I was able to round this one up.

Overall, Perfect Revenge was a much more enjoyable read than Riske and Revenge.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment