Saturday 24 February 2018

Review: The Silent Corner

The Silent Corner The Silent Corner by Dean Koontz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Dean Koontz fan, have been for some time, but I find myself favouring his earlier books over his more recent work. Due to this, I haven’t read many Dean Koontz books recently. In fact, I was surprised to find out I went over a year without reading one of his books – due to that, I decided to make a change and grabbed The Silent Corner when I saw it in my local bookshop.

I’ll be completely honest, this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating. I had fun with it, but it wasn’t quite all I had been expecting. However, it was close enough to be rounded up – thus, such is what happened. Although it may not be my favourite Dean Koontz read, it is enough to ensure I’ll be reading the future Jane Hawk books as I feel like there is a lot to come.

In many ways, it is clear this is the first book in what is to be a series with many layers. Things are quite slow to start off in this one, but as the story progresses a lot comes to light. You know before you reach the end that not everything will be concluded in this book, there is just too much introduced throughout. Sure, there is a conclusion to one element – but far too much is left open for you to overlook the next book. You have questions, and you need answers.

My favourite Koontz reads have always been the ones on the horror end of the spectrum, yet this is very much a modern-day thriller. Filled with intrigue and action, our female action hero sucks us into a story we want to know more about. It may not be my favourite kind of story from Koontz, but it has certainly left me wanting more.

Without a doubt, I’m intrigued by what new twists book two will bring.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment