Wednesday 24 October 2018

Review: Dust of Death

Dust of Death Dust of Death by Sarah K.L. Wilson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve been addicted to the Dragon School series since I jumped into the first book and am super eager to see how everything comes together. If I’m being completely honest, though, I have not enjoyed the last few books to the same degree as I enjoyed the earlier books. I’m still super eager to see how everything comes together, yet I’m not as wowed as I was initially. Despite this, I continue to hope that the next book will return to being a wow book. Unfortunately, for me, Dragon School: Dust of Death wasn’t a return to the initial wow level.

Dragon School: First Flight, book one, sucked me completely into the world – it was so much more than I’d expected, and I couldn’t wait to get more. Dragon School: Initiate, book two, sucked me in even deeper – it showed me there was more to the story than I’d originally thought, ensuring I would pick up the next. Dragon School: The Dark Prince, book three, was a very important book in the series – it may not have been my favourite book, but it was vital to the overall story. Dragon School: The Ruby Isles, book four, continues to move things forward in a wonderful way – it may not be my favourite of the stories, but it is another important addition. Dragon School: Sword, book five, was another brilliant read, adding more to the series – it was also the book that reminded me why I was following the series in the first place, pulling me back in after a short hiatus.

Dragon School: Dusk Covenant, book six, added plenty of new twists – more than enough to ensure I remained ensnared with the story. Dragon School: First Message, book seven, brought even more to the table – more was added to the storyline, plenty of things leaving me curious as to what would come next. Dragon School: Warring Promises, book eight, left on a serious cliff-hanger – all the books leave on a cliff-hanger, but this was probably the biggest of them all. Dragon School: Prince of Dragons, book nine, was one of my least favourites in the series, but it continued to move things forward for us.

Dragon School: Dark Night, book ten, was one of my favourites in the series, increasing the level of intensity and leaving us with so many expectations. Dragon School: Bright Hopes, book eleven, was a pivotal book in the series, giving us so many new twists and making so many promises for the future. Dragon School: Mark of Loyalty, book twelve, blew all the prior books out of the water, earning it the label as my favourite in the series. Dragon School: Dire Quests, book thirteen, didn’t quite live up to the potential, but I did give it a rounded up three-point-five-star rating. Dragon School: Ancient Allies, book fourteen, was another rounded up rating. Dragon School: Pipe of Wings, book fifteen, was my least favourite, one I was unable to round up despite my desire to do so. Dragon School: Dragon Piper, book sixteen, came close to being rounded up, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to do so.

With Dragon School: Dust of Death, I feel as though not much happened. There was one interesting piece of information (something that will be vital in the coming books) and things ended in such a place that I expect book eighteen to hook me, but for the most part I do not feel as though this one moved the story forward that much. When compared to the other books in the series, this book did a single thing compared to the many things that have been happening in the other books. If I’m being completely honest, I would label Dragon School: Dust of Death one of my least favourite books in the series. It’s worth it to understand everything, but it is not a favourite.

Nevertheless, I have high hopes for how this series will conclude in the coming books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment