Thursday 4 October 2018

Review: King

King King by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

King is book seven in the Impossible series, and I’ve been curious about this story since the characters were first introduced to us a few books ago. Although this one can be read as a standalone novel, as all the books in the series can be, you do get a better appreciation for things if you read the books in order. You will also find, like myself, that you end up rather excited to see how certain things play out.

As with all the books, I really enjoyed this one. I went in with quite a few ideas of how things would play out in this one, notions of what was to come, meaning I was pleasantly surprised by the story I was given. Some aspects were expected (the typical things you will find in these kinds of stories), yet there was plenty to keep me on my toes and engaged. In fact, there were a few unexpected elements that I really enjoyed watching play out.

This one also adds further promises for the future of the series. Things are slowly developing, and aspects that came to light, or were simply paid more focus, in this one have left me super intrigued to see how a certain story arc will play out. In fact, I’m rather excited to see certain stories now, ones I originally wasn’t crazy about seeing.

I admit, King is not my favourite book in the series. However, it is another great read and worth grabbing if you have enjoyed the other Impossible books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment