Wednesday 10 October 2018

Review: The Rehearsal Dinner

The Rehearsal Dinner The Rehearsal Dinner by J.R. Ward
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

J.R. Ward is one of those author’s I’ve been meaning to read for an extremely long time. In fact, since stumbling upon the first Black Dagger Brotherhood book I’ve been extremely curious. However, despite my interest, I’ve always found myself reading something else instead. With Consumed, the first book in the Firefighters series, coming with a free prequel story, The Wedding From Hell, I decided to take the dive and try out my luck.

I will be honest and say I’m not the biggest lover of these short introduction stories, but The Wedding From Hell certainly has me more than willing to dive into Consumed as my first full-length J.R. Ward story. With part one, The Rehearsal Dinner, we have a wonderful introduction to the characters and what is to come. In fact, it left me more than curious and plenty willing to dive into part two.

In truth, this is more of a three-point-five-star rating rather than the rounded down three-star rating it received, if only because I feel as though this prequel could have been a single short rather than being divided into separate parts.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment