Monday 8 October 2018

Review: Time's Convert

Time's Convert Time's Convert by Deborah Harkness
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The All Souls Trilogy is one of my all-time favourite series, a series I gladly tell everyone to read. Since finishing, I’ve been holding out for the next Deborah Harkness book I could read. Like many, I was expecting a certain story years ago only to be given Time’s Convert today. Time’s Convert may not have been the book I was originally anticipating in the universe, but I was more than happy to dive into it.

I would happily drown in any story set in this universe, but with Marcus being a character I adored in the original trilogy I was perfectly content to read more about him – both his past and the present. I will be honest and say I did not adore this in the way I adored the original All Souls trilogy, but it was still a delight.

In many ways, we have three stories taking place throughout Time’s Convert. We have two taking place in the present – we get to follow our main characters from the original series and we get to see the development of a new vampire – and we have one taking place in the past – the story of Marcus. There wasn’t quite the level of action in this book that there was in the original trilogy, but there were plenty of elements to enjoy.

I admit, things were a bit slow in place, there were times when things did not seem to be moving at the anticipated rate. However, we were introduced to many things that I hope we get more of in the future. Although this book was not to the same mind-blowing level as the original trilogy, it really was a great look back into the world I love so much. I really cannot wait to read even more in the universe, as there are so many things I’m looking forward to seeing.

Overall, Time’s Convert was worth the wait. It may not have been the story I hoped for, but I was plenty happy with my journey back into one of my favourite universes.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment