Sunday 28 October 2018

Review: Penthouse Player

Penthouse Player Penthouse Player by Tara Leigh
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My first Tara Leigh book was Deal Breaker, the second book in the Billionaire Bosses series, and since then I have been more than happy to dive into each new Tara Leigh release. In fact, I’ve become somewhat of an obsessed fan girl, overly eager to consume each and every word Tara Leigh shares with the world. Thus, I decided it was finally time to go back and see where it all began.

In some ways you can tell Penthouse Player is Tara Leigh’s debut book, at least if you’re a fan of her work. Penthouse Player is a wonderful read, yet I wasn’t quite as in love with it as I have been with her more recent work. Had I not already read all of Tara Leigh’s other work, though, Penthouse Player would have ensued I did so. It was a great introduction to Tara Leigh’s writing – and I assure you, Tara Leigh’s work has only grown stronger from here.

Penthouse Player offers exactly what you would hope for from a billionaire romance. It has plenty of drama, plenty of steam, and all the emotion you could hope for. It did start of a wee bit on the slow side, but once things started to move it moved at a serious pace. We’re introduced to the characters, we get to see them interact, and then it isn’t long before things start to move and do not stop. It is event after event, drama after drama, with each new element ensuring you’ll be hooked throughout.

As has been the case with all the Tara Leigh books I have read – and that is all her work, with Penthouse Player being the last book I needed to read to label myself a fan who has read all her work – Penthouse Player was a book I consumed in a single sitting. Once I started, I found myself unable to pull myself away. I was hooked, and you will be to.

As a fan of Tara Leigh, I can say I’m more than happy to have gone back to read her debut book. It was wonderful and works as a great introduction to the author’s work. As I’ve read Tara Leigh’s latest releases, I can say she has grown a lot as an author – but growth does not equate to any kind of failure with Penthouse Player. Penthouse Player set the bar high, and Tara Leigh has certainly demonstrated she is more than capable of getting better and better with each new book she shares with the world.

If you have yet to read a Tara Leigh book, you certainly need to amend that.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment