Tuesday 16 October 2018

Review: Crusader

Crusader Crusader by Julia Sykes
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Crusader is the ninth book in the Impossible series, and it is a fabulous addition to the series. In fact, I think this one many well be my favourite of the series. I know our male lead, Big Ben (I mean Hugh), is my favourite of the Impossible men – something I had not anticipated considering my love for some of the other male leads in this series.

Although Crusader works perfectly fine as a standalone novel, you get the best impact if you’ve read the other books in the series. Aspects surrounding our female lead in this one build upon what happened in a prior book, and events in relation to certain characters bring to an end storylines that have been building throughout the series. It can certainly be enjoyed as a standalone novel, but I promise it packs an even more powerful punch if you’ve read the other books in the series.

With this one, we have a change of scenery, introducing us to new characters. As I’ve already stated, Hugh has become my favourite of the Impossible men, but we also get a nice introduction to our leading male of book ten. Not to mention, we get to dig deeper into characters we have come to know. I can honestly say, I’m super eager for Dex’s book now. I was curious already, but after seeing him in this I’m even more so.

With all the hotness of any Julia Sykes book and all the suspense of the Impossible series, Crusader is a powerful addition to the series. If you have read the other books in the series you have to give this one a read – I promise, you will not be disappointed. If you have yet to start the series, it’s certainly worth diving into.

Now, onto book ten.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment