Friday 8 February 2019

Review: First to Fall

First to Fall First to Fall by Alexa Whitewolf
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

First to Fall is my second Alexa Whitewolf novel, and it has me super eager for the rest of the Moonlight Rogues series. From the moment I saw friends reviewing this book, I knew I was in for a good time – what I did not expect was to devour this in a single sitting, followed by an existential crisis when my Kindle ran out of battery before I could start book two. To say this hooked me good is putting it lightly.

As a fan of paranormal romance, I’m always looking for the books that bring us something new. Alexa Whitewolf brings us the something new. First to Fall introduces us to a shifter world with countless layers, one that takes mythology and folklore and creates something more than the usual shifter stories offer. In fact, this goes above and beyond what I’d expected. There are so many layers to the mythology, so many things introduced, to the point where I did not believe any more could be added – only to be surprised when I had another shock.

To put it bluntly: First to Fall is one of the most refreshing shifter books I have read. It takes something well-known and adds a unique twist to it, ensuring you will be addicted throughout.

Fortunately, it’s more than just the wonderful paranormal world that grabs you with this one. The characters are also wonderful, and their stories are interesting. You’re pulled in on many fronts, all the different aspects coming together to make a wonderful read. Add in all the little snippets that promise great things with the future books, and you will be left in desperate need of book two.

Without a doubt, First to Fall promises great things for the rest of the Moonlight Rogues series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment