Tuesday 5 February 2019

Review: Skyward

Skyward Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brandon Sanderson has been on my to-read list for a very long time, from the first moment I stumbled upon one of his books. Last year, I decided to dive into his short stories to get an idea of what I could expect. After enjoying them, I decided it was time to jump into something longer. Skyward was the answer to that.

I’ll be honest, at first I was a wee bit tentative. The story was interesting, yes, but I wasn’t completely sucked in. I was curious about elements, I wanted more, but there was something preventing me from being fully engaged. I cannot tell you what this is, as I do not know myself, but once I was part way through the book things changed.

I went from merely curious to being obsessed. I reached the point where I could not put this down. I was hooked, on so many fronts, and was left powering through the story. I wanted more of the characters, I wanted more of the events, I wanted to dig deeper into the history, I wanted to dig deeper into the mysterious elements – I just wanted to keep digging to get more.

I can understand the appeal of Brandon Sanderson and will certainly be diving into more. After all, I need something to dive into whilst I await book two. I’m so in need of answers, and I cannot wait to get them. There really is so much I want more of and cannot wait to receive.

Without a doubt, Skyward has me jumping on the Brandon Sanderson bandwagon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment