Wednesday 6 February 2019

Review: Lord of Pirates

Lord of Pirates Lord of Pirates by Scarlett Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve enjoyed my prior Scarlett Scott reads, and was eager to dive into Lord of Pirates. I have a bit of a weakness for pirate stories, and knowing Scarlett Scott had written one had me eager to dive in.

Although I gave this one a three-star rating, know it is more of a three-point-five-star read. There were points where I did consider giving it a four-star rating, but as I didn’t enjoy it quite as much as my other Scarlett Scott reads I decided to round down. I know there are people who consider three-star ratings bad, but such is not the case. This was a fun read, it simply isn’t my favourite read by the author.

I think what stopped me from loving this one as much as I’ve enjoyed other books by the author is the fact it is a short story. I’m rather picky when it comes to short stories, and this one didn’t quite tick all the boxes. It was fun, it had me turning the pages, and I was engaged. However, I feel as though things didn’t quite have the depth of other stories by the author and we sacrificed some of the intensity I’ve really enjoyed in the author’s other work.

As a short story, this one was a lot of fun. I simply believe I would have enjoyed it more had it been a full-length novel, as there was so much I wish we could have found out more about.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment