Sunday 19 May 2019

Review: Blue Monday

Blue Monday Blue Monday by Nicci French
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For a long time Nicci French’s Frieda Klein series has been screaming out to me. For years, I’ve been watching the days of the week go by on the titles, and with each new day I’ve told myself to start the series. As the series has reached a conclusion, I’ve finally worked my way around to reading it with the hope of working through all the books in a short space of time.

As a big fan of British crime fiction, I’m always looking out for the next series to keep me hooked. I have favourites I will always come back to, and my fingers were crossed such would be the case with the Frieda Klein series. Although I have given Blue Monday a four-star rating, it isn’t quite a full four-star rating. It was close enough to be an easily rounded up rating, but it wasn’t quite all the way there.

Blue Monday certainly sucked me in from the outset. There was plenty introduced, and I was curious to see how it would come together. Although I had fun watching the pieces fall into place, things felt a bit too easy for my liking. It didn’t quite have the twists and turns I like in my crime thrillers, even though I had a lot of fun with it. Hence why it wasn’t quite a full four-star rating.

After finishing Blue Monday, however, I am certainly I’ll be reading more of the Frieda Klein series. I certainly need to see how things play out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment