Friday 10 May 2019

Review: A Curse of Stone and Fire

A Curse of Stone and Fire A Curse of Stone and Fire by A.B. Bloom
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’m quite the Anna Bloom fan and will happily dive into each of her new releases. Although I enjoy her adult contemporary romance more, I’m always willing to give her young adult fantasy and science fiction reads a try. Thus, I jumped into A Curse of Stone and Fire.

In truth, I wasn’t crazy about this one. It was an interesting story, but I was never sucked into it in the way I had hoped. I think my issue was that I never came to connect with the characters, as my brain was stuck in editor mode. By that, I mean I was constantly stopping when the American character did or thought something distinctly British. It pulled me out of the story too much, stopping me from being sucked in the way I would have hoped.

Add in the fact the love was too insta for my liking, and the interesting concept was something in addition to an element I wasn’t crazy about. Of course, this is just my view and I am finding it harder and harder to be amazed by young adult fantasy. I’m no longer sucked into the whole instalove thing and much prefer the development of Anna Bloom’s adult and new adult stories.

Overall, an interesting read, but not my favourite from the author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment