Tuesday 28 May 2019

Review: Sorcerer to the Crown

Sorcerer to the Crown Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Zen Cho’s Sorcerer to the Crown sounded like the perfect book for me. I’m always eager to start new fantasy series, and this one offered plenty of promise. Unfortunately, from the start I had trouble with this one.

I’m not entirely sure what it was, but I could not get into the story. There were a couple of things I wanted to find out more about, but as a whole I was indifferent. I did not care for the characters, things seemed to be moving slowly, and I reached the point where I was skimming in the hope of reaching the details that would interest me. I’m not usually one to skim, but this one failed to grip me and my mind was wondering.

However, I held out hope as there were details I wanted to see come together. Although everything came together well, it did not wow me. Things felt too easy and nothing was as shocking as I’d expected it to be. It was a case of nodding an okay and closing the book.

I’m sure the Sorcerer Royal series will appeal to many, but this one was not for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment