Saturday 18 May 2019

Review: Love Under Construction

Love Under Construction Love Under Construction by Aubree Valentine
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Love Under Construction is the sixth book in the 425 Madison series, and I had mixed feelings with this one. The enemies to lovers trope is one of my favourites, and I was excited for such a story. However, although I mostly enjoyed the overall story, I never really felt the enemies to lovers vibe of this one.

There was a lot packed into this one, and I enjoyed watching the way things played out. There was more for the characters to overcome than I thought, things I had not expected in the story, and I certainly felt the intended emotions.

However, I had a very different idea in mind for an enemies to lovers story. I expected there to be actual hate, whereas it felt more like a bit of annoyance for her due to a lack of explanation from him. It just didn’t feel like the advertised read for me, and I was disappointed.

Overall, this was not my favourite book in the series. I’m sure many will enjoy it, but this one wasn’t for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment