Saturday 25 May 2019

Review: The Stars Are Legion

The Stars Are Legion The Stars Are Legion by Kameron Hurley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Kameron Hurley’s The Stars Are Legion sounded like the kind of science fiction book I would adore, but when it came down to it I had so much trouble with this book. At no point was I sucked into the story, and I spent more time annoyed with this one than I spent enjoying this one.

My biggest issue with this book is that it’s one where we have a lack of information. For some aspects of the story, this is understandable. However, we’re in the dark about everything. It takes a long time before we understand the world, and even then we have questions left hanging. Now, this would have been fine, but it was taken to an extreme when it was not needed.

You see, details relating to the characters were kept secret until the very end. Again, this isn’t always a bad thing. However, it was obvious from the start what the secret was. There was never any mystery about it, there was no surprise to be found, and it was annoying rather than enjoyable.

Add in the fact I never felt any connection to the characters, things seemed to drag, and the ending left me disappointed, and I wasn’t crazy about this one. At the very end, I felt like giving this a one-star rating. However, as there were plenty of two-star moments early in the book I was generous and gave the two-star rating.

Overall, The Stars Are Legion was not what I expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment