Wednesday 29 May 2019

Review: Fight Club

Fight Club Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I have been meaning to read Chuck Palahniuk’s Fight Club for quite some time. Too long, in fact. It’s one of those aspects of culture I knew about but never jumped into, much to the embarrassment of many around me. I finally amend the fact, however, and I’m unsure how I feel.

I think my issue is that I set my bar too high with this one. I was expecting my mind to be completely blown, but as it was this didn’t quite reach the expectations I had. I enjoyed it, I can see why it is a favourite for many, but it didn’t do what I’d expected it to do. In fact, I did not enjoy this one to the degree I have enjoyed other Chuck Palahniuk reads, which just goes to show the majority favourite is not always mine.

Overall, I’m glad I’ve finally read this one even if it wasn’t what I’d expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment