Wednesday 22 May 2019

Review: Have You Seen Luis Velez?

Have You Seen Luis Velez? Have You Seen Luis Velez? by Catherine Ryan Hyde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Have You Seen Luis Velez? surprised me in the best of ways. I was interested by the idea of the story but did not imagine myself becoming as invested in it as I did. Add in the fact I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump and have not been wowed for a while, and this one gripped me good.

Have You Seen Luis Velez? sucked me in from the very first page. I found myself hooked and powered through the book in a single sitting as I needed to see how everything came together. There were plenty of aspects introduced throughout, and each time something new came up I found myself sucked in ever deeper. It dealt with much more than I’d expected, pulled out more emotions than I’d imagined, and I could not get enough of this book.

It’s a simply written story, but the messages within are not simple. It makes you look at yourself and the world around you, it makes you stop to consider the way in which we’re all connected, and it leaves you more aware of the world upon finishing. It’s an easy story to read, but it has a big impact.

Without a doubt, Have You Seen Luis Velez? is well worth the read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment