Wednesday 19 June 2019

Review: Broken With You

Broken With You Broken With You by J. Kenner
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

J. Kenner hooked me with her Man of the Month series, and since then I’ve been meaning to read more of her work. With so many of her books being connected, I was unsure where to start. When a new series started, I decided to take the leap. Thus, I jumped into the Stark Security books. The first book, Shattered With You, hooked me, and I was left desperate for book two. Unfortunately, I wasn’t as crazy about Broken With You as I’d hoped to be.

There is no doubt in my mind that the second book in the Stark Security series is an addictive read, as I happily devoured it in no time at all. Although I devoured it, I did not love it. It had me hooked, I was curious to see how things played out, but it felt like something was missing. I was never shocked in the ways I expected, the action never reached the point I’d hoped for, and the emotion failed to hit the right spots. It had the potential to be a great read, but it missed the mark in the end.

Therefore, as much as I wanted to round this three-point-five-star rating up, I couldn’t bring myself to do so. I had to round my rating down, as it wasn’t quite all I’d hoped it would be. Time that could have been spent sucking me deeper into the story were spent on references – and as curious as it has made me about other J. Kenner books, it meant this one was lacking.

Overall, Broken With You was an addictive read but it didn’t quite do all I had been hoping of it.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment