Wednesday 5 June 2019

Review: The Killing Room

The Killing Room The Killing Room by Peter May
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I’m a big Peter May fan and will happily dive into his thrillers knowing I will be hooked throughout. Since my first Peter May book, I’ve been happy to come back for more, and after a bit of a gap I’m finally diving back into the China Thrillers.

As it’s been a while since I read the second book in the series, it took me a while to get into this one. The story did not start in line with what I’d been expecting after the ending of book two, and it took me a while to get into the way things were playing out. Once I was sucked in, though, Peter May did his usual trick and had me hooked throughout.

I will be honest and say The Killing Room is my least favourite in the series thus far. It was enjoyable, yes, but it didn’t quite wow me in the way the two prior books did. Things were a bit on the predictable side – with both the way the relationship developed between the characters and the way the crime played out – and I found myself working things out well before they came to be. Despite this, I still had a lot of fun. There was plenty to enjoy throughout, and the book is extremely difficult to put down.

Without a doubt, I’ll be diving into book four soon.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment