Thursday 6 June 2019

Review: Dopey Women

Dopey Women Dopey Women by Laura Barnard
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I’ve read a few Laura Barnard books and have found them all to be addictive reads. I power through them, having a good laugh, and am always willing to read more. Thus, I was happy to dive into Dopey Women. Although I enjoyed Dopey Women, I’m going to be honest and say it’s my least favourite Laura Barnard read.

Dopey Women certainly had me giggling at the antics that played out throughout the story, leaving me turning the pages at a rapid pace to find out how everything came together. Although I had a good laugh at some points in the book, as a whole I found it to be a bit over the top.

My problem is that I’m a bit picky when it comes to my rom-coms. With Dopey Women, I felt it was the kind of story that would have worked well as a movie but felt like too much as a book. There were times where I could see it playing out wonderfully on the big screen, but as a book it felt a bit forced.

Of course, this is just me. As I said, I’m picky with my rom-coms. There is no doubt this one had me laughing, but I didn’t quite buy into it the same way I did other books by the author.

It’s certainly a fun read, though, and I’ll continue to read the author’s work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment