Wednesday 19 June 2019

Review: Destined

Destined Destined by Suzanne Falter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Destined is the third book in Suzanne Falter’s Oaktown Girls series, and it’s best read after reading the two prior books in the series. Although it can be read as a standalone, as the pertinent details are provided, the best effect is had if you’ve experienced everything that has come before. Plus, the first two books in the series are certainly worth the read.

Although I enjoyed Destined, I’m going to be honest and say it’s my least favourite in the series. It’s a three-point-five-star rating rather than the four-star rating I gave the two prior books. Although I considered rounding this one up, I couldn’t quite bring myself to do so. It was an enjoyable read, but I’d expected a wee bit more from it.

With Destined, elements introduced to us in the first two Oaktown Girls books come together in dramatic ways. The storylines we have been introduced to reach new dramatic levels, and we get to see how all the drama comes together. In addition to the known elements coming dramatically together, we’re also introduced to new characters and their drama. Although these characters played an important role in the story, I’d been hoping for a bit more of them on a personal level – something I hope we will get to see in the future.

Overall, this was an enjoyable addition to the series. It had plenty packed into it, and to enjoy all that takes place I certainly recommend reading the prior books first.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment