Monday 10 June 2019

Review: Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful

Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful by Arwen Elys Dayton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful grabbed my attention the moment I stumbled upon it. I’m not usually one for short stories, but the concept of this one intrigued me. Six interconnected stories through time, showing the advancement of humanity – of course, I was all over that.

Although Arwen Elys Dayton had a great idea with this one, I fear I did not enjoy it the way I had expected. The six stories fell into young adult clichés, which wasn’t what I was expecting at all. We had predictable stories of teenage romance and the angst, and this took the focus away from the science-fiction storyline I was interested in.

I’m sure there are many people who will enjoy this one, but this wasn’t what I’d expected. I expected a deep look into humanity, instead I was given the typical young adult storylines. For those still interested in such storylines, go for this one. For those, like myself, who are over the predictability of most young adult stories, I’m going to say this one isn’t for you.

Overall, Stronger, Faster, and More Beautiful was not what I expected.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment