Wednesday 19 June 2019

Review: Parental Guidance

Parental Guidance Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Parental Guidance is the first book in Avery Flynn’s Ice Knights series, a spin-off from her Hartigans series. Although it is not necessary to read the Hartigans books first, I do recommend reading them for a lot of fun. When you reach the end of Tomboy, the third book in the series, you’ll be desperate for more of the Ice Knights. Therefore, whilst it’s not necessary to read one to enjoy the other I do recommend reading both series.

In truth, I did not enjoy Parental Guidance as much as I enjoyed the Hartigans books. Despite this, Parental Guidance had me hooked throughout. I powered through the book in a single sitting, addicted in all the best ways. It was a quick and easy read, one filled with quite a few laugh out loud moments, and by the end I was desperate for more of the series.

In many ways, Parental Guidance reminds me of the first Hartigans book. It was a lot of fun and promised plenty of great things to come, although it wasn’t quite everything I had expected. It’s a book filled with promise, and with the way my love of the Hartigans series grows with each book I’m sure the same is going to be true for the Ice Knights series. This first book may not have been perfect, but it’s ensured I’ll be back for more.

Overall, Parental Guidance is perfect for a quick read. If you’re a fan of Avery Flynn’s Hartigans series, you certainly need to pick this one up. There’s no doubt this is another series I’ll be addicted to.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment