Monday 3 June 2019

Review: The Red Zone

The Red Zone The Red Zone by Amie Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading and loving Amie Knight’s Stars Duet, I knew I needed more of the author’s work. The Stars Duet blew my mind, and I was eager for more. Although I have a couple of the author’s backlist on my Kindle, The Red Zone was the one I jumped into first. After reading and loving The Red Zone, I’m even more desperate to go back and read everything the author has previously written. In other words, it seems I’ve become quite the Amie Knight fan.

I’m going to be honest and say I went into The Red Zone expecting a very different kind of story to what I was given. I do not mean this in a bad way, however. I mean this in a good way, a very good way. The book surprised me in the best way possible and I happily devoured it in a single sitting. Once I started I could not put it down, as the story gripped me so hard.

Although The Red Zone is a romance, it’s so much more than that. It’s a story of life, of the way we deal with the curveballs thrown our way. It’s a story of how we’re connected, of how we can help each other. It does all this without sounding preachy, whilst making you both smile with laughter and cry from the heartbreak. It’s a story that tugs at your emotions, giving something more than your standard second chance love story.

With wonderful characters and an equally wonderful storyline, the book grips you throughout. I could write so much about all the wonderful things touched upon in this story, but I have no wish to ruin the impact. Just know, it’s a story that does more than you expect it to.

Without a doubt, The Red Zone was a wonderful read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment