Monday 3 June 2019

Review: The Collapsing Empire

The Collapsing Empire The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Collapsing Empire is one of the most difficult books I’ve rated in a while. It’s a solid three-point-five-star rating, and I had a huge debate as to whether I rounded up to a four-star rating or down to a three-star rating. In the end, I opted to round down. Although I rounded down, it was a very hard choice to make.

The Collapsing Empire grabbed me from the start, sucking me in deep and leaving me desperate to read the rest of The Interdependency series. There was so much to enjoy, and I cannot wait to see how the series comes together. With a great storyline and quirky characters, this one had me powering through the book. I was hooked in all the best ways and could not put this one down.

Although I was addicted to this one and had a lot of fun with it, there was something that kept me from loving it in the way I had hoped. I kept finding myself hoping for that little bit more – hoping for that little bit more action, that little bit more insight into the ‘bad’ of the story – and this is why I opted to round down instead of up. It was a great story, but it wasn’t quite everything I had been hoping for.

Nonetheless, I will be grabbing book two to see what happens next. I need to find out what comes next for this series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment