Monday 29 January 2018

Review: Broken SEAL

Broken SEAL Broken SEAL by Geri Foster
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Broken SEAL is the tenth book in the Sleeper SEALs series. Note, each book is a standalone written by a different author. You do not need to read any of the prior books to read this one, and such is how I entered Broken SEAL.

I’ll be brutally honest – I was extremely disappointed by this one. The Sleeper SEALs series sounds really interesting, including books by some authors I really like, so I was expecting all the books to be quite interesting. Add in how fun the synopsis of Broken SEAL made this book seem, and I was doubly excited to dive in. Unfortunately, what I was given was not at all what I had been expecting.

I wanted a storyline that would grip me, filled with action. Yet the story failed to pack the expected punches. There were plenty of times where the information was repeated, as if to reach a word count, and I grew bored of reading the same thing. Whenever things did start to happen, they seemed to be over and done with extremely quickly. There were a couple of decent events, but nothing that blew my mind. For part of the book, I considered giving three-stars, yet the ending let me down. There was so much build up, only for everything to be over far too quickly.

Not to mention, I didn’t care for the characters. Considering the shared past, I did not feel any chemistry between them. They could have been two strangers for all I felt about the relationship. I didn’t much care for them as individuals, either. It seemed like references were made to details as an attempt to add more depth to the characters, but it felt awkward. There were snippets of information about the characters, as though I was to think a certain way about them instead of making my own choice, and never made a full image of them in my mind.

All in all, I was disappointed by this one. For such a short read, it took me far too long to work through it as I wasn’t sucked in as I had hoped to be.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment