Saturday 13 January 2018

Review: Delta Rogue

Delta Rogue Delta Rogue by Elle Boon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was introduced to Elle Boon through Delta Redemption, the sixth book in the SEAL Team Phantom series. I knew without a doubt I would be reading more of her work, especially the prior books in the SEAL Team Phantom series. Unfortunately, Elle Boon appears to be one of those authors I’m going to be reading out of order. After reading Delta Redemption, instead of going to the start of the series, I picked up a book from another of her series. I picked up Turo’s Fated Mate, the seventh book in the Iron Wolves MC series. The series are linked through a character, but I really should have stuck with just one series before branching out. With my third Elle Boon book, however, I made my way back to the SEAL Team Phantom series. It may not be the first book in the series, but at least I’m back to the series that pulled me into Elle Boon’s work.

Delta Rogue is the third book in the SEAL Team Phantom series, a novella length story originally released as part of the Cuffed & Claimed Anthology. It can be enjoyed as a standalone novel, but a part of me believes you would do better to read this series in order. There are references made that will be better understood if you have read the other books in the series. It is not a case of you failing to understand the book, merely that you will appreciate the details more if you know what events are being referenced. Moreover, having read the sixth book in the series first, I can appreciate how events in these earlier books are building towards something much bigger. Nevertheless, if you want to read this as a standalone story you can.

Whilst I enjoyed Delta Rogue, I did not enjoy it quite as much as I enjoyed Delta Redemption. Delta Rogue was another enjoyable Elle Boon read, it was a great addition to the series, but I favoured Delta Redemption. I think, in part, I blame the length for my lower level of enjoyment. There is no denying I enjoyed this one – it was a book I devoured in no time at all, turning page after page to see how it would come together – but I felt as though everything was over too quickly. In many ways, you can tell this was written for an anthology, as it does not add masses to the main series – there are clearly important details, but it is not a book that massively impacts the overall series.

However, as I said, it was a fun quick read. It’s a great quick read for anyone wanting a quick steamy addition to the series, a fun book to keep you inside of the SEAL Team Phantom world. If you’re a fan of this series, I would certainly recommend giving this one a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment