Tuesday 23 January 2018

Review: She Asked for It

She Asked for It She Asked for It by Willow Winters
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Willow Winters is an author I’ve been meaning to read for far too long. Almost every Willow Winters book I have looked at has screamed ‘read me’. They seem like the kind of darker romances I favour, the kind with a gritty storyline to keep you hooked. With She Asked for It, I finally jumped into a Willow Winters book – and I need more.

Reading the synopsis, I created an idea in my head of what this book would be about. In fact, I went in expecting a very specific kind of read. Only to be surprised by what I was given. It was not a bad surprise – far from it, as I loved the book – it merely wasn’t what I was expecting. The synopsis has you expecting a very specific kind of story, but what you’re given will leave you truly amazed.

You see, She Asked for It is a wonderful revenge story. I could give all kinds of details, but to do so would be to give spoilers. Just know there is much more depth to this story than you would imagine, with the revenge element being wonderful. The story sucks you in and before long you’re lost, turning page after page to see what happens next. It is a single sitting addiction, a book you will be unable to put down.

With a gripping storyline, wonderful characters, and a romance you will adore, She Asked for It will leave you wanting more. Fortunately, there is a connected story with one of the characters in this book. I honestly cannot wait for this connected story – based upon the information we were given throughout this one, Daniel’s story is going to be a lot of fun. It will take a lot to top She Asked for It, but I’m sure Willow Winters will provide us with another dark and gripping story.

Without a doubt, this ticked all the boxes I had hoped Willow Winters would tick. It was the perfect introduction to the author’s work, and I’ll certainly be picking up more of her work in the future. In fact, I already have a few on my Kindle begging me to read them – and if her other work is as addictive as this, I’m sure I’ll be a serious fan in no time at all.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment