Sunday 1 April 2018

Review: Before I Let You Go

Before I Let You Go Before I Let You Go by Kelly Rimmer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Kelly Rimmer’s Before I Let You Go intrigued me from the moment I read the synopsis, leaving me wanting more. When it came around to picking this one up, I was more than willing to dive straight in.

From the very first page, this one sucked me in. It’s a book that deals with a heavy topic in a wonderful way, bring to light so many details. It gets you thinking about aspects of addiction you may not have thought about otherwise, sucking you into the story and leaving your mind running through the possibilities even when finished.

It’s not just a book that leaves you thinking, though. It also has a wonderful storyline, one that has you turning the pages at a rapid pace to see how everything plays out. You will have expectations and notions in mind, yet you will continue to turn the pages as you wait to see exactly how it plays out. With so many elements involved in this story, with so many things touched upon, you will be desperate to receive all the details.

Despite giving this a three-star-rating, I would label this one a three-point-five-star read. The reason I decided to round down was because of the information to emotion ratio. I love a book with a lot of information in, when it is clear the author has researched the topic. However, with this one, I felt as though there were times that we were buried under all the information and it covered up the emotional aspect. It was a book with lots of emotion, but the pacing was slowed when we were receiving a lot of information and at times this interrupted my emotional connection. Hence why I rounded down instead of up with my rating.

Overall, this was a great book – very much worth reading if you’re looking for an intense read about addiction.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment