Sunday 1 April 2018

Review: A Little Spark

A Little Spark A Little Spark by Amy K. McClung
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love a good enemies-to-lovers romance, and the added twist of the female lead being a firefighter meant I was all over this one. I went in expected to be wowed, expecting to adore this book, and it seems I expected too much.

Don’t get me wrong, I did enjoy this one. It was a quick and enjoyable read, one I was able to get through in no time at all. I was interested by the characters and events, and was more than happy to keep turning the pages. That being said, it didn’t wow me. It was enjoyable, but it did not blow my mind. In other words, it wasn’t quite what I had expected it to be.

I think the biggest issue I had is that the story was not as developed as I would have liked it to be. The enemies-to-lovers aspect felt forced, rather than the developed intense feelings on both ends of the spectrum that we all like to see. Some of the details seemed to go by quite quickly, throwing us straight in rather than allowing us to watch how things develop.

I think, had this story been longer, allowing for a deeper look at certain aspects, I would have given this a four-star rating. As it stands, it was a three-point-five-star read that I opted to round down. It was fun, but I would have liked a wee bit more from it.

View all my reviews

2 comments: