Monday 23 April 2018

Review: Hold Tight

Hold Tight Hold Tight by Harlan Coben
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

After reading Harlan Coben’s The Woods, I knew I needed to read more of the author’s work. Thus, I went and grabbed myself a collection that provided me with ten Harlan Coben books. I wasn’t quite sure where to start, and due to this I went a while without reading any of the books, but in the end I opted to dive into Hold Tight.

Hold Tight has guaranteed that I will be diving into those other Harlan Coben books soon – there will not be the gap between my reading that emerged between The Woods and Hold Tight. Although Hold Tight was not quite a full four-star rating, it was extremely close. It’s the kind of book that is perfect for anyone looking for a fun quick mystery read, the kind of book people read when on holiday (personally, my reading does not change whether I’m on holiday or not, but I understand why people would want a book like this specifically for their holiday reading).

It was one of those mystery books where there is a lot going on, many stories are being told, and you know everything is connected. You’re able to work certain things out, but other things will leave you guessing. A few things seemed to come out of left field, and I wasn’t quite sure how I felt about them, but as a whole I really enjoyed the way everything came together in this one. It was easy to follow, there was plenty to keep me interested, and I enjoyed the journey. Plus, I was excited to see some characters from The Woods in this one – I’m certainly curious to find out if reoccurring characters are a theme in Harlan Coben’s standalone novels, as I would love to see more of the characters.

Well worth reading if you’re a fan of easy yet engaging mystery reads.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment