Thursday 26 April 2018

Review: My Laird's Seduction

My Laird's Seduction My Laird's Seduction by Tammy Andresen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My Laird’s Seduction is the fourth book in Tammy Andresen’s A Laird to Love series, and it’s another wonderful addition to the series. There is no doubt that I need more, that I will dive straight into the next book as soon as I get the chance.

Last year I worked my way through Tammy Andresen’s Taming the Heart series. I enjoyed each of the stories, finding myself wanting more after each one. When the chance came about to start Tammy Andresen’s new series, A Laird To Love, I found myself more than willing to dive in. While I expected a wonderful series, what I did not expect was to fall more in love with the A Laird To Love series than I did the Taming the Heart series – yet here we are, book four and I am happy to label it my favourite Tammy Andresen series to date. I’m not saying the Taming the Heart series is bad – far from it – nor am I saying I dislike the author’s other work, I’m merely saying I’m adoring this series even more than I’d expected.

I started this series with the short story, Christmastime With My Captain. Christmastime With My Captain provided an extremely short story that introduced me to the A Laird To Love series, and desperately left me wanting more. It was short, but it provided all I love about a Tammy Andresen novel. Whilst I really enjoyed Christmastime With My Captain, it is merely a blip on the radar considering how much I’ve enjoyed My Enemy, My Earl, Heart of a Highlander, A Scot’s Surrender, and My Laird’s Seduction.

My Enemy, My Earl, the first book, won me over in no time at all. It left me wanting more, desperate to see where the next story would take us. I found myself overly excited for the stories that were to come, in dire need of more from the characters I’d enjoyed so much. Heart of a Highlander took all I enjoyed about the first book and intensified it. There is no question of the book being one of my favourite Tammy Andresen reads – possibly my favourite Tammy Andresen read. It set the standard of the series extremely high, leaving me hopeful for A Scot’s Surrender. A Scot’s Surrender was another wonderful read. I did not enjoy book three quite as much as I enjoyed book two, but it was thoroughly enjoyable. It left me with the certainty I would enjoy book four, too. With each of the books in the series telling the story of a different kind of romance, I could not wait to see what came about in the fourth book.

As I’d hoped, A Laird’s Seduction was just as enjoyable as the prior books. I’ll be completely honest and say I wasn’t crazy about the couple at first, but by the end of the book I was more than willing to label them as one of my favourite Tammy Andresen couples to date. The romance between these two was amazing, the way their story played out addictive, and I loved watching the way things developed.

As you would expect from a Tammy Andresen novel, this was a quick and easy read with plenty of action, an addictive storyline, plenty of drama, and characters you will love. We continue to see more of the characters we have come to know and love throughout the prior books, along with being introduced to a couple of new ones, with everyone making this book extremely enjoyable.

If you enjoyed the prior books in the series, you need to give this fourth book a read. It’s another fabulous addition to the series, and will leave you more than ready to dive into book five.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment