Tuesday 6 November 2018

Review: Beneath His Stars

Beneath His Stars Beneath His Stars by Amie Knight
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Beneath His Stars is the first book in Amie Knight’s The Stars duet, and my first book by the author. I went in curious, only to be blown away by the story. It was an incredibly beautifully written story, hooking me from the very first page, leaving me desperate for the second part of the duet.

From the very first page, I was sucked into Amie Knight’s beautiful words. It was clear in no time at all that Amie Knight has a way with words, a way of stringing sentences together in a beautiful way. From the start, beautiful lines are thrown our way, and the beauty continues throughout.

Wonderfully crafted prose are beautiful, but without a good story to go along they’re not as powerful as they could be. Fortunately, Beneath His Stars was a wonderful story in addition to being beautifully written. It’s a story that sucks you in, one that leaves you truly invested in the characters and the events.

I’ll be honest and say I thought it was a bit simple at first, but as the story progressed it became more complicated. In fact, it even had some unexpected darkness to it. I confess that some elements were a bit on the predictable side – I read so many dark romances that when it appears in smaller qualities I’m not as shocked as I could be – but this failed to lessen my enjoyment of the story. These elements introduced unexpected depth to the story, taking us in directions I had not anticipated.

Without a doubt, Beneath His Stars has guaranteed I’ll be reading more Amie Knight in the future. Not just In Her Space (which, of course, I’m obviously going to dive into), but all of Amie Knight’s work, as I need more of the beautiful words.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment