Friday 2 November 2018

Review: Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane

Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane by JoAnn Ross
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane is the second book in the Honeymoon Harbor series by JoAnn Ross, although it is my first book from the author. Although there are clear references to the characters in book one, it is not necessary to understand their story to enjoy Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane. That being said, I am now interested in giving Herons Landing a read to find out more.

If I’m being completely honest, Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane wasn’t quite a full four-star rating. It was, however, close enough that I needed to round up. It’s a sweet romance, one that is perfect for the festive season. We have a second chance romance, and two characters dealing with their past. The way the relationship blooms between the two was great to watch, and I found myself sucked into the other side drama that was introduced to us throughout the story.

The reason this wasn’t quite a full four-star rating is because I found myself more invested in some of the side elements than in the main storyline. There was a small mystery to enjoy, and this really captured my attention as I’m quite the mystery fan. We were also introduced to what I imagine will be the basis for the next book in the series, and if I’m right I really enjoyed the way the characters interacted.

Nevertheless, Snowfall on Lighthouse Lane was a great introduction to JoAnn Ross and I’ll certainly be back for more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment