Monday 12 November 2018

Review: The Vampire wants a Wife

The Vampire wants a Wife The Vampire wants a Wife by Andie M. Long
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Vampire wants a Wife has caught my attention a few times – in fact, the Supernatural Dating Agency series as a whole has caught my attention on multiple occasions. It wasn’t until I read and enjoyed Road Trip, which Andie M. Long wrote with Laura Barnard, that I decided to give the series a read.

If I’m being completely honest, The Vampire wants a Wife was more of a three-point-five-star rating rather than the three-star rating I gave it. I had a bit of a debate as to whether I was going to round up or down, but in the end I opted for down. There were many points when I thought I’d be rounding up, though.

The Vampire wants a Wife is an incredibly addictive story. It’s short, which means you can easily devour it in no time at all. You will find yourself devouring it, as once you start you find yourself sucked in deep. You’ll want more of the characters and you’ll want to see how everything comes together, ensuring you’ll work through the story in no time at all.

With plenty of humour, and an interesting world to find out about, The Vampire wants a Wife ticks many boxes. What stopped me from giving this a rounded up rating instead of the rounded down rating was the ending. It was an interesting ending, and it certainly left me willing to read the next book, but it felt a bit too quick and easy for my liking. I felt as though the ending could have provided a bit more of a bang than it did, and that is why I opted to round down.

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the story and the characters, and am plenty eager to give book two a read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment