Tuesday 13 November 2018

Review: Wild Lilies

Wild Lilies Wild Lilies by Angel Nyx
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Wild Lilies is the first book in Angel Nyx’s NOLA Shifters series, although it is the third book in the series I have read. I started with book three, Midnight Orchids, before diving into book four, Radiant Violets. From there, I went into the prequel, Trailing Moon Flowers, before finally diving into the first book. Fortunately, the NOLA Shifters series is one of those series you can read in any order – although the stories are linked, each is a standalone.

Although I enjoyed Wild Lilies, I will be honest and say it was my least favourite of the NOLA Shifter books I have read thus far. It had me hooked and turning the pages, but I was not addicted in the way I had hoped to be, in the way I was with some of the other books in the series.

I think, for me, I’d created something a wee bit bigger in my mind with the information I’d received in the other books. In this sense, it is better to read the books in order – but as I’ve said, each book works as a standalone, so it is not necessary. With the information I’d gathered from the other books, I’d created a story in my mind and I went in expecting something explosive. Due to such ideas being in my mind, this felt a bit simple.

Wild Lilies had enough to keep me entertained, but I never really came to enjoy the characters as much as I had expected to. It felt like there was too much back and forth, not the explosive chemistry I’d imagined for the duo. The big events relating to the shifter world were also a bit too easy for my liking, as I’d anticipated a bit more.

I think, in many ways, you can feel this is the first book in the series. It was a fun introduction to the NOLA Shifters world, but it was not quite as powerful as the later books. It leaves you wanting more of the characters, and due to that you’ll be happy to dive into book two.

With that, I need to dive into Scarlet Roses.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment