Wednesday 14 November 2018

Review: The Invitation

The Invitation The Invitation by Jennifer Bene
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I fell in love with Jennifer Bene’s Imperfect Monster and upon finishing the book there was one thing I desperately wanted – more of Jennifer Bene’s work. With Imperfect Monster offering up the kind of darkness I adore in my romance, I had high hopes for the author’s other work. Thus, I was happy to dive into The Invitation.

I will be honest and say I was a wee bit uncertain about this one at first. I was intrigued, but I wasn’t feeling any of the dramatic emotions that suck me deep into a story and leave me obsessed. It was simply a story to continue reading, with the hope things would improve.

Improve they did.

I went from feeling just ‘okay’ towards this story to being addicted. I was hooked, sucked in so deep, and I found myself powering through the story. I was addicted to all that came to be, desperate for more, and in the end I found myself wanting The Invitation to transform into a full-length mind-blowing story rather than simply being the insanely addictive quick story I had read.

Extremely hot and steamy, this story gripped me hard. There is no doubt in my mind that I will be reading yet more Jennifer Bene in the future – in fact, I already have a few other Jennifer Bene books sitting on my Kindle ready for me to dive into.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment