Thursday 29 November 2018

Review: The Dance Hall Wife

The Dance Hall Wife The Dance Hall Wife by Cici Cordelia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Dance Hall Wife is the second book in Cici Cordelia’s Brides of Little Creede series, and I was desperate to dive into it after enjoying The Substitute Wife. Having now finished The Dance Hall Wife, the feeling of desperation has returned – this time, I’m desperate for book three. I cannot wait to see what the third Brides of Little Creede book will bring.

The Dance Hall Wife picks up nicely from The Substitute Wife. Although you do not need to read the first book to understand this second, it certainly helps. In fact, The Dance Hall Wife built upon the first book in some unexpected ways – something that caught me completely off-guard, but I really enjoyed the way certain elements of the story were continued. Plus, even though I really enjoyed The Dance Hall Wife, I enjoyed The Substitute Wife a tiny bit more, highlighting why you should give the first book a read.

Like the first book, The Dance Hall Wife is a wonderful story with fabulous characters. You’re sucked into the romance between the main characters from the very start, leaving you desperate to see how their relationship plays out. With plenty of drama, you’re hooked. Add in the more thrilling elements, and you’re unable to put this one down.

Moreover, there are plenty of great side elements to adore. We get to see more of the characters from the first book, seeing how their lives have progressed. We get wonderful build up for the next book, an insight into how things will play out. We also get plenty of entertainment from other characters, and a part of me hopes we will get their stories as well.

Without a doubt, this was a great romance. It was quick and enjoyable, keeping you hooked throughout, ensuring you’ll be back for more Cici Cordelia. As I cannot yet dive into book three, I shall need to keep myself busy by getting my hands on Rodeo King – the only Cici Cordelia book I have yet to read – and after that I plan to dive into the individual work of both authors. In fact, I already have one Cheryl Yeko book sitting on my Kindle, so I have a starting point for where to go next once I’m up to date with all the Cici Cordelia books.

If my fan status had not already been confirmed, this one would have done it.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Siobhan. We are thrilled you are enjoying The Brides of Little Creede Series. We are hard at work on The Innocent Wife, due for release on May 1, 2019. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for it, and already have the date marked on my calendar! Thank you so much for the great reads! (:

    ReplyDelete